For this swap I was paired with Brittany at Lady Luck. Here’s what she got me:
Check out Chaotic Goddess Swaps to participate in the next one!
I haven’t participated in a blog swap in forever, but this one sounded fun! Check it out here.
I turned 31 last month and here are the goals I accomplished during the year I was 30…
- Throw my stepsister a baby shower
- Make As in all my classes
- Participate verbally more in my classes
- Start a local travel blog
- Learn Spanish
- Join a gym
- Join the Saluda Fire & Rescue Auxiliary
- Volunteer with the Preschool Outreach Program at Buncombe County Public Library
- Get a tattoo
- Dip-dye my hair purple (I got purple highlights instead)
- Have monthly Pinterest parties (August, September, October, November, December, January)
- Buy a new computer
- Paint and decorate my bedroom
- Exercise and eat healthy
- Join a book club (I joined several online and we read Between the Lines, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Night Circus, What Alice Forgot, Gone Girl, The Fault in Our Stars, The Kitchen House, Hourglass, Silver Lining Playbook, and Eleanor & Park.)
- Take a cake decorating class
- Donate to charity (Make a Stand Lemonade, Komen Race for the Cure, Cancer Research UK, Toys for Tots, Somaly Mam Foundation, Amazima Ministries, Animal Compassion Network, and Pint Night with Oskar Blues Fundraiser)
- Eat five things I’ve never tried before
- Go to a comedy show
- Buy/make a “Where I’ve Been” map and hang it on my bedroom wall
- Attend a book signing
- Watch (and review) 26 movies I’ve never seen starting with each letter of the alphabet (I didn’t get letters Q, U, V, or X but I’ll let it slide…)
I didn’t accomplish all of my goals so these are some I will continue to work on until I turn 32!
I haven’t done this link-up in a few months so there’s no recap… Here’s what I hope to accomplish this month!
- Get another tattoo
- Lose four pounds
- Read three books
- Visit Greece
- Post on my other two blogs
- Go to the NC Mountain State Fair
- Start flossing again
- Go to the shooting range
- Get a mani/pedi
Wow, I have been such a horrible blogger! I didn’t post last month at all. So for my “Happiness 365″ series here are my “Days 213-243″ in Instagram photos… (Unfortunately they posted backwards!)
Green Creek Winery
a poem and drawings from kids at the library
I got a scholarship to the NCLA conference!
my new display at the library
picnic and concert with the fam
rafting on the Nantahala River
The Local Taco
it’s my cat in a bowl
Breaking Bad premiere
dinner at Ruth’s Chris
ready for my birthday night out
Ménage à Trois
this book was great!
birthday card from Bobby
a favorite new TV show… Orange is the New Black!
Malachi got a new home :(
hiking with Riley and Diesel
flowers from my mom’s garden
tubing with Brittany
lunch at Olde Hickory Station
Big Bang Boom… The last Summer Reading Program event this year!