Wow, I have been such a horrible blogger! I didn’t post last month at all. So for my “Happiness 365” series here are my “Days 213-243” in Instagram photos… (Unfortunately they posted backwards!)
I’ve missed a few weeks…
1. July is National Ice Cream month… Are you celebrating?
You know, I really haven’t been eating enough ice cream this summer. That needs to change!
2. What is your favorite rainy day activity?
Going to the movies.
3. What is the one book from high school that you remember reading most?
Lord of the Flies.
4. Have you ever visited Charleston, SC?
Yes! I even lived there for a year.
1. Wednesday, July 24th is National Drive-Thru Day… Do you have any drive-thrus that you have a hard time passing?
I go to Wendy’s about once a week. Love me a chocolate Frosty.
2. Other than signing your name, when was the last time you physically wrote something?
I write notes all the time.
3. What was the first movie you saw in a movie theater? The latest one?
The first one I remember was Snow White… Most recent was The Heat.
4. Have you ever visited Disney?
Yes, when I was three and six.
1. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
Old Navy flip flops.
2. Do you get embarrassed easily?
I don’t think so…
3. What makes you cringe?
Nails on a chalkboard.
4. July 29th is National Lasagna day… Are you celebrating? What kind of lasagna do you prefer?
Nope… But I LOVE my mom’s lasagna!!
Bonus question for blog hoppers to answer:
5. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
1. Show us in pictures how your summer is going so far…
2. What is one thing you are never too busy for?
My favorite TV shows… Gotta keep my Bumday Monday TV nights free! 🙂
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Finishing up an online class.
4. What is the best advice you have ever received?
I don’t usually ask for or receive advice… But I think the best decision I have made was to get my master’s in library science and move back home to start a new career!
5. Share some of your favorite quotes…
1. What’s something people might ask you for help with?
Travel planning or book recommendations.
2. What’s something you might ask someone else for help with?
French braiding my hair… LOL.
3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you’re a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations with your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child?
Yes, to Edisto Island in SC. I am not a parent but if I ever have kids they will definitely travel.
4. Pool, lake, ocean… Which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day?
Pool for sure. But I don’t mind swimming in lakes, oceans, rivers, whatever!
5. Have you ever justified using the expression, “you gotta be cruel to be kind”? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing?
I haven’t used the expression but I can see when someone would… In a romantic situation.
6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as: liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Anything you’d add to the list?
The only one I really like on that list is okra. Fried okra is delicious!! I definitely do not like liver, mushrooms, eggs, beets, or tuna. The others are OK.
7. What’s your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town?
This is a hard one… Off the top of my head I would pick the movie The Beach! (And I’ve been to Ko Phi Phi, where it was filmed, which is totally crowded and trashy… Literally!)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Wish the rain would go away! See how flooded my normal swimming hole is…
1. What is the best trip you’ve ever been on?
I have been on so many amazing trips (34 countries); it is really hard to choose just one. So I’ll just tell you about my most recent trip… I went to Chicago in May and had the best time!! Check out my blog post about it here.
2. What is your best idea for a girls weekend trip?
I have been on girls only trips to New York City and on a cruise to Mexico and Grand Cayman. Oh yeah, and all around Europe, Cambodia, and Thailand, but those weren’t typical girls trips. Although now that I think about it, I would recommend Southeast Asia as a great girls trip destination. Beautiful, lots of good food, and dirt cheap massages! Check out more reasons here and the best places to go here.
Oops, just realized the question said weekend trip… In that case, Vegas!
3. What is your best idea for a couples trip?
Italy! I loved it and would love to take a boyfriend/husband there one day. Eat lots of food, drink wine, chill on the beach…
4. What is the best vacation on the cheap?
Southeast Asia!! See above.
5. What is the place you most want to visit?
Peru… Planning a trip there for 2014. 🙂
1. Now that it is officially summer, what season is your favorite and why?
Fall! I love the weather, clothes, and Halloween!
2. What does summer look like in your house? Sound like?
Well I am never home because it looks like swimming holes and sounds like country music!
3. Recount a summer memory from your childhood.
I always had my birthday party at Twin Lakes… The same place as my 4th of July party this year!
4. Do you have 4th of July plans?
Party! I am writing this almost a week late but the party was great despite the rain… I even went down the waterslide! 🙂
5. Does it get super hot where you are in the summer and how do you deal with it?
Not as hot as other places but unpleasant for sure. AC and swimming is how I deal with it!