Storytime today! I did a cat theme…
Made some delicious potato soup. Check out the recipe here!
I have tried to make homemade soup a few times and FAILED so I was reluctant to try again. I’m so glad I did… This soup was delicious!!
I got the recipe here but tweaked it a little.
Chop five small/medium potatoes and half an onion into smallish pieces. Put in crockpot with two tablespoons real bacon bits and two 14.5 ounce cans of 99% fat free chicken broth. Cook on high for five to six hours. Use slotted spoon to remove four scoops of potatoes to a bowl. Mash the potatoes and return them to the crockpot along with 1/2 cup 1% milk and one cup 2% shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
Makes six cups. One cup topped with one tablespoon of real bacon bits, one tablespoon of sour cream, and chives is 7 Weight Watchers points (two cups is 13 points). Without toppings, one cup of soup is 5 points and two cups is 11 points.
Nutritional info for Weight Watchers calculator: One cup of soup with toppings has 10.4 grams fat, 28.5 grams carbs, 2.6 grabs fiber, and 12.1 grams protein. One cup of soup without toppings has 6.4 grams fat, 27.5 grams carbs, 2.6 grabs fiber, and 9.6 grams protein.
1. Where is your favorite place to go on vacation, and if you could choose any place to go where would you go?
The places I have visited that I loved the most are Bali and Italy. I would really like to go to Peru, Iceland, and Alaska.
2. What is your favorite hobby?
Watching TV. I watch so many shows! Scandal is my most recent addiction.
3. When you need to get out of the house, what do you do?
Go to the movies by myself. Love it!
4. What is your go to date night idea?
I haven’t had a date in awhile… But back when I did, I liked to go out to dinner or do something fun and unique (sightseeing, festivals).
5. Do you have any tattoos, if so what of and where?
Yes I have always wanted one but was afraid of the pain. Finally in November I got my name in Korean on my left forearm. There will be more to come!
1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean.
In September, when I visited Grand Cayman and Cozumel on a cruise. One word: Happy!
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
Nails on a chalkboard, my mom imitating my cats Riley and Diesel meowing, and Bella’s meow (the cat I had when I lived in Korea).
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don’t like or what doesn’t fit?
I try everything on in the store! I usually still change my mind and return something.
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day… Are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
Not a fan.
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?
I can’t really think of an example… Guess I’m pretty selfish! 🙂
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
I don’t think so, maybe as a kid.
7. We ‘March’ into a new month at the end of this week… What’s something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
I have spring break and a girls night out planned for St. Patrick’s Day!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My cats love to sit on my arms when I’m on my computer. Makes life more difficult but it’s pretty adorable!
1. The Super Bowl! I made some yummy food and was super excited when the Ravens won.
2. A road trip to Chapel Hill full of shopping, eating, and watching basketball!
3. I went skiing! I hadn’t been in eight years so I was scared but it was awesome.
4. I got a pedicure! It’d been too long.
6. Two TV celebrities (both from Parks & Recreation) responded to my tweets. 🙂 The Walking Dead returned and I got addicted to The Americans, Burning Love, and Scandal.
7. I saw four entertaining movies in the theater: Warm Bodies, The Impossible, Side Effects, and Identity Thief.
8. I read four good books… Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns), Now You See Her, Prodigy, and Hollywood.
9. I bought plane tickets to Chicago (May 2-5) and Greece (September 21-30)!!
10. I’ve had seven job interviews this month, so hopefully I’ll get an offer too! I’ve also gotten all perfect grades in my classes. And I lost six more pounds!