Wow, I have been such a horrible blogger! I didn’t post last month at all. So for my “Happiness 365” series here are my “Days 213-243” in Instagram photos… (Unfortunately they posted backwards!)
1. Show us in pictures how your summer is going so far…
2. What is one thing you are never too busy for?
My favorite TV shows… Gotta keep my Bumday Monday TV nights free! 🙂
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Finishing up an online class.
4. What is the best advice you have ever received?
I don’t usually ask for or receive advice… But I think the best decision I have made was to get my master’s in library science and move back home to start a new career!
5. Share some of your favorite quotes…
1. What’s something people might ask you for help with?
Travel planning or book recommendations.
2. What’s something you might ask someone else for help with?
French braiding my hair… LOL.
3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you’re a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations with your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child?
Yes, to Edisto Island in SC. I am not a parent but if I ever have kids they will definitely travel.
4. Pool, lake, ocean… Which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day?
Pool for sure. But I don’t mind swimming in lakes, oceans, rivers, whatever!
5. Have you ever justified using the expression, “you gotta be cruel to be kind”? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing?
I haven’t used the expression but I can see when someone would… In a romantic situation.
6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as: liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Anything you’d add to the list?
The only one I really like on that list is okra. Fried okra is delicious!! I definitely do not like liver, mushrooms, eggs, beets, or tuna. The others are OK.
7. What’s your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town?
This is a hard one… Off the top of my head I would pick the movie The Beach! (And I’ve been to Ko Phi Phi, where it was filmed, which is totally crowded and trashy… Literally!)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Wish the rain would go away! See how flooded my normal swimming hole is…
1. Now that it is officially summer, what season is your favorite and why?
Fall! I love the weather, clothes, and Halloween!
2. What does summer look like in your house? Sound like?
Well I am never home because it looks like swimming holes and sounds like country music!
3. Recount a summer memory from your childhood.
I always had my birthday party at Twin Lakes… The same place as my 4th of July party this year!
4. Do you have 4th of July plans?
Party! I am writing this almost a week late but the party was great despite the rain… I even went down the waterslide! 🙂
5. Does it get super hot where you are in the summer and how do you deal with it?
Not as hot as other places but unpleasant for sure. AC and swimming is how I deal with it!
1. What’s one simple small pleasure on your summer “to do” list?
Go swimming as much as possible.
2. Do you have strong feelings or opinions regarding the immigration debate in your home country? Feel free to share your thoughts, but please play nice.
I’m not sure where I stand… I was a (legal) immigrant in Korea for two years and I’m glad I had the opportunity to go to another country and make money when mine wasn’t providing for me. However there has to be some kind of policy; you can’t just have millions of people moving to a new country with no rules.
3. What’s something in your home or wardrobe that could be described as “star spangled”?
I have a gray scarf with stars all over it that I adore! Of course I can’t find a photo of it now.
4. Is your house set up for a party?
Not unless it’s outside.
5. What one never-before-visited city in America, would you most like to see?
This is a hard one but I’m going to go with Boston. Also San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle!!
6. Your favorite red food? White food? Blue food?
Raspberries. Rice. Blueberries. (Off the top of my head…)
7. What freedom do you value the most, and why?
(Mostly) equal rights of men and women… I’d hate to live in a Muslim country and not be allowed to do the same things as men.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Happy 4th! I’m actually writing this post almost a week late… But I had an awesome 4th of July party despite the rain!