On this day last year I was in Moscow, Russia. Unfortunately my camera broke! 😦 But here is a picture of the gorgeous St. Basil’s Cathedral…
1. Have you ever been to Atlanta?
Yes, twice to get my Korean visa. The first time we stayed downtown and went to an NBA playoff game. We also ate at The Varsity. The next time I just stayed at an airport hotel.
2. Do you enjoy traveling by train?
I do, for short periods of time. It’s more relaxing than flying or driving. I did the Trans-Mongolian Railway from Beijing to St. Petersburg last summer. We stopped three times but there still was one leg of the journey that was five days long! I really needed a shower.
3. What’s your go-to karaoke song?
I don’t really have one. My ex and I used to sing “Hit Me Baby One More Time” as a duet. Here you can see me and my friend Kathryn singing karaoke on a cruise last September.
4. Do you drink tea?
On occasion… I’ve been drinking these teas lately since I received them in a blog swap.
5. What’s the most recent thing you purchased for your home?
I bought cupcake salt and pepper shakers for my future cupcake-themed kitchen.
6. Are there dishes in your kitchen sink right now?
7. Have you ever been fingerprinted?
Yes, for jobs.
8. What was the last check you wrote?
To my mom to pay for the internet.
9. What color are your eyes?
1. First thing I reach for in the fridge
Usually if I’m just opening up the fridge for a snack, I’ll have a pickle. Claussen’s are the best!
2. First car accident or traffic violation
The first one I can recall is when I was around 20 years old and got in a car accident while on vacation. That really sucked because I had to get someone to take me home and then come back and get my car a week later. What a pain!
3. First BIG accomplishment I’m proud of
I’m most proud of my traveling experiences (I’ve visited 34 countries)!
1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen’s English… Here’s the list for 2013: fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, YOLO, spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru. Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why?
Boneless wings. They are basically chicken tenders. Chicken wings have bones. ‘Nuff said. On a side note, I use “spoiler alert” quite often! Oops…
2. When was the last time you rode a train? Where did you go?
The Trans-Mongolian Railway! I rode all the way from Beijing, China to St. Petersburg, Russia (with three stops along the way).
3. Bagels… Yay or nay? Favorite ‘flavor’? Favorite topping?
Sometimes. I like “everything” bagels with cream cheese. Blueberry and cinnamon raisin are good when I want something a little sweet.
4. ‘Tis the season of awards shows… If you could star in a movie already made, which one would you choose?
I would play Miranda Presley in The Thing Called Love.
5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months… What say you? Do you think kids perform better if separated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination? If you’re a parent, is this something you’d support in regard to your own children?
I don’t agree with this. Seems ridiculous to me.
6. What’s your favorite thing about staying in a hotel?
Not having to clean up after myself! Blasting the AC, watching TV, clean sheets, taking a bubble bath… Everything!
7. Do you have a ‘word’ for 2013? What’s the story behind your choice?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Busy day… Job interview, manicure, Zero Dark Thirty, and my BFF Cindy’s birthday dinner!
I went to the Hello Kitty Cafe.
I went to the Jindo Sea Parting Festival.
I went to the Lady Gaga concert in Seoul.
I visited Gyeongju.
I went to Changdeokgung Palace.
I had an awesome time with friends camping on Muui Island.
I watched the Lotus Lantern Parade in Seoul.
I said goodbye to all the amazing friends I had made during my two years living in Korea. 😦
Continued/finished the five week epic Asian backpacking trip which included the Trans-Mongolian Railway! I visited…
St. Petersburg, Russia
1. It’s a brand new month… Share one thing you’re looking forward to in October.
All things Halloween!
2. Is chivalry dead? Explain.
Mostly, although I am sure there are still a few gentlemen left out there.
3. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts comic strip made its debut. Which character is your favorite? Which character is most like you?
I don’t really have a favorite and I don’t think I’m like any of them!
4. What’s something you’re competitive about?
5. October is National Popcorn Popping Month… Are you a fan? How do you like your popcorn?
Sure… Smothered in butter!
6. When did you first realize the world is small?
When I went on the “It’s A Small World” ride at Disney World. 🙂
7. In terms of architecture, what’s the most beautiful building you’ve seen up close and in person?
Saint Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow and The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood in St. Petersburg are both stunning.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am doing my first storytime at a preschool tomorrow… Wish me luck!!