1. The NFL playoffs were held this past weekend and this year’s Superbowl will feature the New York Giants versus The New England Patriots. How do you define ‘patriot’?
Yay! Go Pats! Ummmm I define a patriot as someone who is loyal to and passionate about their country.
2. What’s something in your life right now that feels like a ‘giant’?
I guess grad school is the biggest thing in my life right now. But my life is pretty balanced so there isn’t anything too “giant” controlling it at the moment.
3. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think back to being 18?
First year of college… Partying hard, being crazy, not going to class, working at Olive Garden, frat parties, making some best friends (Tessa, Emily), living in a dorm…
4. Coconut, mashed potatoes, vanilla ice cream, mayonnaise… Which white food would be the hardest to give up?
I just asked Daniel the other day if he had ever seen Breyer’s vanilla bean ice cream in Korea. I really want some. Preferably with fresh raspberries from the bushes outside my mom’s house on top.
5. Describe an incident or a day you remember as being the coldest you’ve ever experienced.
Visiting New York City in December 2000 was so cold… Also living in Prague January-April 2006. And winter last year in Korea! This year hasn’t been so bad…
6. You’re hosting a brunch…. What’s your favorite dish to prepare and serve?
I did host a New Years Day 2011 brunch but I don’t even remember what I served. Except mimosas of course! If I did it again I would make my homemade blueberry muffins.
7. How do you combat negative thinking?
I guess I try to distract myself with books or TV. Or just talk about it! With Daniel of course.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I want to go back to the Philippines! It is so cold and lonely here… At least I have Bella. 🙂