1. First trip out of the country
Backpacking Europe for a month when I graduated college in 2004.
Cannes Film Festival
2. First major purchase on your own
I’ve never bought a car or a house… But I’ve bought a lot of expensive plane tickets!
3. First thing you learned to cook
Something easy like spaghetti.
1. 2000: The first time I was on a plane… I went skydiving. And I can’t believe I don’t have any photos of it!!
2. 2000: The next time I was on a plane I went to New York City for New Years Eve.
3. 2004: My first time out of the country. I went backpacking around Europe for a month!
La Basilique du Sacré Coeur de Montmartre, Paris
4. 2004: My first cruise.
5. 2010: My first solo trip (Los Angeles).
6. 2010: My first visit to Asia. I moved to Korea!
milkshakes in a carton… one of my favorite Korean things
I visited Paris with my friends Breanna and Hazel in May 2004. It was part of a whirlwind European backpacking trip that I had planned as a college graduation gift to myself. We visited many awesome places in the city, including (pictured) Sacré Cœur, the Catacombs, Notre Dame, and Centre Georges Pompidou.
I went to Phuket in July 2011 with my friend Lienna. We had so much fun! Activities included riding elephants, sea kayaking, getting massages, visiting temples, and a Thai cooking class!
Pulau Pangkor, Malaysia
I visited this island in February 2011. It was one of my best trips in Asia because we had a group of friends come along too! We had fun just eating, drinking, chilling on the beach, and hanging out at the awesome Nipah Guesthouse.
Literary Vacations: If you could take a trip this summer to any place within a fictional book, where would you go? Tell us about your summer dream vacation!
Well, most of the books I read are depressing! I would not want to go to any of those places. I was all set to answer with Eat, Pray, Love but then I realized “Duh!” That’s not a fictional book. The best I can think of is Paris in Anna and the French Kiss. I’ve been there and it’s lovely; it would be nice to go back! I loved the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the catacombs, Sacre Coeur, Pere Lachaise Cemetery, the Seine…
Me, Hazel, and Breanna at Sacre Coeur, Summer 2004