1. Is there a room in your home that you’d like to redecorate or remodel?
I’d just like to get my own place! I live with my mom. But I did redecorate my bedroom when I moved back in.
collages of all my Asia trips
2. Did you watch the Oscars?
Yes! See my recap here.
3. How many pair of blue jeans do you own?
4. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Trolls! I bought one off eBay recently…
5. If you could visit a country in Europe, which would you choose?
I am going to Greece in September! I would also like to go back to Italy, and visit Iceland.
so excited to visit Santorini!
Watched four movies! Check out the reviews here.
Started a new book!
Enjoyed a yummy lunch at P.F. Chang’s!
Bought a plane ticket to Chicago for May 2-5!
Booked rooms in at Galini Oia in Santorini and Paradise View Hotel in Mykonos for my Greece trip in September!
Visited an art gallery!
Went to Ruth & Michael’s for a pizza dinner and the Grammys! Ruth made crack bread…
Got a very late birthday present!
1. I had a job interview on Monday. I haven’t heard back yet so I’m gonna assume I didn’t get it but I’m still holding out a little hope…
2. On Tuesday I took a road trip with my brother, sister-in-law, and their friend. We stopped in Concord on the way and had lunch at Olive Garden (I chose something from their “Lighter Italian Fare” menu… good job me), watched a commercial being filmed at Outdoor World, enjoyed some froyo, and played games at Dave & Buster’s. Then we continued on to Chapel Hill where we had dinner at Spanky’s before the Carolina vs. Wake Forest basketball game.
3. Wednesday I took a hike and Riley came with me. How sweet! She loved climbing on all the logs.
4. Wednesday was also my BFF Tessa’s birthday. She lives in Tampa so I couldn’t celebrate with her but I’m meeting her in Chicago in May. 🙂
St. Pete Beach, FL
5. Yesterday I got my student loan check in the mail, and bought my plane ticket to Greece! I will be spending September 21-30 in Athens, Santorini, and Mykonos. I booked an awesome place to stay in Athens yesterday too: City Circus Hostel.
As for the crappies this week…
I’ve been pretty depressed. Being on a budget and a diet means I am basically not leaving my house. I’ve been feeling really antisocial anyway so the plans I’ve had I’ve cancelled. I feel like I’m never going to find a job in a library and I’m wasting $50,000 on my master’s degree… Pity party for me!
1. Have you ever been to the opera?
Yes, when I was in high school I went to an opera at Bob Jones University.
2. Maria Callas was often called a “diva.” Is that a compliment or a criticism?
Criticism… I think of a diva as being a high-maintenance spoiled brat.
3. Aida was composed by famous Italian Giusseppe Verdi. In addition to opera, what else can the world thank Italy for?
Delicious food and wine!
4. Verdi was Italian and Callas was Greek. Would you rather vacation in Italy or Greece?
I have been to Italy and it was amazing and I am going to Greece this year.
I can’t wait to visit Santorini!
5. The Marx Bros. starred in A Night at the Opera. What’s the funniest movie you have ever seen?
There are so many good comedies. Bridesmaids is one of my favorites.
6. What’s for dinner tonight?
I dunno yet… Maybe Skinny Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo or maybe s hummus and feta wrap. Or a grilled cheese…
7. Are you wearing any jewelry right now?
Only my nose ring.
8. Sam Winters has a scratchy throat and watery eyes. How do you treat the common cold?
Medicine, chicken noodle soup, ginger ale, and I stay in bed!
9. Do you need your glasses (or contacts) when you drive?
I love travel planning! Chicago April 2013, Greece June 2013, and Utah May 2014…
1. On Saturday Callie, Ruth, Michael, and I went camping at Lake Powhatan. Unfortunately there was an E. coli breakout in the lake just two days before. The lake was open but there was no way I was swimming in it! We had fun anyway… Eating, drinking, and playing games. (Except when I chopped jalapenos for the corn and touched my face and it burnt for hours. Or when I tried to go to bed and the tent was hot and cramped and sleeping on gravel was really uncomfortable. LOL.)
2. On Sunday I got to hang out with my brother Zach all day, which never happens. We had lunch at Mr. Juan’s, went swimming in a slimy pond, and then he cooked spaghetti for dinner (and made me watch some Madea movie, which I did not like).
the next michael phelps
callie and will being rednecks
zach with his fat kitty sammy
3. On Tuesday I got internet at home… Finally! Then Callie and I went on the Blue Ridge Parkway. First we went to Looking Glass Falls and Sliding Rock. Then we drove along the parkway for awhile, stopping to take pics at all the best overlooks. We finished off the day with dinner at Chili’s!
4. On Wednesday Callie went to Carowinds with Zach and Kelly (I don’t do roller coasters) so I had a whole day to myself with nothing to do! How nice. I applied for lots of part-time child care jobs and have received one promising reply already! I also signed up for two continuing education classes at the local community college: cake decorating and Spanish. (Since I am also taking three graduate classes online this semester, I think I am going to be pretty busy!) I talked on the phone with my old friend Emily who I haven’t seen in three years. Need to visit her in Nashville soon! I subscribed to get a Monthly Glam Bag since I love Birchbox so much… We’ll see which one is better! I just like getting surprises in the mail. AND I hung up all my Asia travel photo collages!!!
5. Yesterday Callie and I met Cindy for lunch. Then we went to Barnes & Noble to plan our trip to Greece (next September)! The rest of the afternoon was spent shopping: I got two dresses and four shirts. (Happy birthday to me… I turned 30 today!!!) And my August Birchbox came in the mail. Oh yeah… I also made an appointment to get PURPLE highlights put in my hair next Tuesday.