1. Do you have a favorite “hair metal” band?
Does Guns N’ Roses count?
2. Def Leppard got their start in South Yorkshire, England. Have you ever been to the UK?
Yes, I have been to London and Exeter (where my friend Anna is from). I have also been to Northern Ireland.
Tower of London
3. Who would you rather chat with, one-on-one: Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Prince William, or Prince Harry?
Prince William, although I don’t think he’s as hot as everyone else does.
4. Do you use real sugar or a sugar substitute?
Real sugar although I’ve been thinking of trying stevia.
5. Valentine’s Day is big for candy sales. Did you indulge in any Valentine-themed sugary treats this week?
No but I did buy some M&Ms.
6. Do you regularly balance your checkbook?
7. What was your last impulse purchase?
Those M&Ms! 🙂
8. When Sam was a girl, she had nightmares about snakes under her bed. When did you last have a bad dream?
I have them pretty frequently.
9. We’re ordering pizza. Do you want deep dish or thin crust?
1. The Summer Olympics begin next week and London is playing host. If you had the chance to go in person which (non-Olympic) London site would you most like to visit?
I have been to London and my favorite sight was the Tower of London. If I went back I would definitely like to visit the Tate Modern.
2. What is something in your life right now that feels like an Olympic event?
My break up with my boyfriend… Just happened yesterday (I found out he was cheating) so I’m still kind of in shock but I know it’s going to be hard to get over (we were together for eight years).
3. What’s your favorite supper to prepare and serve when it’s too hot to cook?
I never really think it’s too hot to cook… But if I did I’d go out to eat I guess!
4. July 18th is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day… When was the last time you were ‘in the doghouse’?
It’s usually the other way around, as you might have guessed.
5. What television advertisement do you find particularly irritating or inappropriate? You may not answer with ‘all of them’. I know some of you were thinking about it.
I only watch TV online so I don’t have to deal with commercials.
6. Share one piece of interesting news from the year you were born.
I had to Google this… EPCOT was opened (in 1982).
7. What’s the best part of your average day?
Blogging, watching TV and movies, hanging out with friends. I have pretty good days lately.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Going out to lunch with my mom and grandma today!
I visited London with my friends Breanna and Hazel in May 2004. It was our first stop on a whirlwind European backpacking trip that I had planned as a college graduation gift to myself. It was also the first time I had visited another country. (Hard to believe that eight short years later that number has risen to 35!)
We spent eight days in England total (also visited my friend Anna in Exeter) and it didn’t rain at all! I guess we were lucky. I really enjoyed our time in London. My favorite place we visited was the Tower of London.
Tower of London
Las Vegas, NV
Daniel and I visited Vegas with four other friends in March 2008. We had a blast! Unlimited champagne brunch at Bellagio, gambling, clubbing… We never made it to Cirque du Soleil or the Hoover Dam so I’ll have to go back! It was definitely a party trip.
Los Angeles, CA
I visited LA on accident in May 2010. I was on my way to Korea (for the first time) and got stuck there for over 24 hours. (At least they gave me a free hotel room and meal vouchers!) So I made the most of it by visiting Manhattan Beach and taking a tour of the city (Venice Beach, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood).