1. Last Friday was my 30th birthday!
2. I had another busy day on Saturday. Callie and I went out to lunch with her grandma Yvonne (“Meme”) at Lime Leaf Thai Cuisine, then rollerskating. When I got home I met my niece Olivia! She is adorable. Later we picked up Zach (it was his 27th birthday!) and went to dinner at Brixx Wood Fired Pizza where we met Kelly and Cindy. To top it off we saw the movie The Campaign. It was soooooooo funny!
3. On Monday I joined my friend Shannon and her son Mason on a fun-filled trip to Dollywood’s Splash Country! It was perfect weather and we enjoyed all the rides, pools, and slides. (But not that pesky bee sting of course.)
4. I had another busy day on Wednesday. First I went to see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It sucked! I fell asleep, and that hasn’t happened in a movie theater in a long time. Then I went shopping, but to a really crappy mall. All I found was a cute bear hat. Dinner was at Stone Bowl Korean Restaurant. Even though I lived in Korea for two years, I don’t really care for their cuisine. The exception is bulgogi, which is what I ordered of course! It was good. After dinner Cindy, her friend Julie, and I met Adrienne and her boyfriend and friend at Highland Brewing Company for the Laugh Your Asheville Off Comedy Festival Launch Party. Most of the comedians were pretty funny. Good times! (And I crossed something off my bucket list.)
5. Other fun things that happened this week:
- My custom painted TOMS were shipped
- I ordered Ruth’s baby shower invitations and started planning decorations and food
- I got a job! It’s part-time (two days a week) babysitting a one-year-old
- My mom and I made a necklace holder
- I donated to “Make A Stand Lemonade” after reading this article
- The Hell on Wheels season premiere
My weeks have been pretty busy lately, but they’re about to get boring… (After my cruise that is!)