1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen’s English… Here’s the list for 2013: fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, YOLO, spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru. Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why?
Boneless wings. They are basically chicken tenders. Chicken wings have bones. ‘Nuff said. On a side note, I use “spoiler alert” quite often! Oops…
2. When was the last time you rode a train? Where did you go?
The Trans-Mongolian Railway! I rode all the way from Beijing, China to St. Petersburg, Russia (with three stops along the way).
3. Bagels… Yay or nay? Favorite ‘flavor’? Favorite topping?
Sometimes. I like “everything” bagels with cream cheese. Blueberry and cinnamon raisin are good when I want something a little sweet.
4. ‘Tis the season of awards shows… If you could star in a movie already made, which one would you choose?
I would play Miranda Presley in The Thing Called Love.
5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months… What say you? Do you think kids perform better if separated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination? If you’re a parent, is this something you’d support in regard to your own children?
I don’t agree with this. Seems ridiculous to me.
6. What’s your favorite thing about staying in a hotel?
Not having to clean up after myself! Blasting the AC, watching TV, clean sheets, taking a bubble bath… Everything!
7. Do you have a ‘word’ for 2013? What’s the story behind your choice?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Busy day… Job interview, manicure, Zero Dark Thirty, and my BFF Cindy’s birthday dinner!