1. “Sweet Caroline” has been sung during every Boston Red Sox home game since the 1990s. Do you know the words well enough to sing along?
2. Do you have a favorite major league baseball team?
3. Budweiser is the “official beer of major league baseball.” Do you reach for a cold beer on a hot summer day?
Sometimes, but when I do it’s certainly not Budweiser!
4. Every season, more than a million Vienna Beef Hot Dogs are consumed by baseball fans at Chicago’s Wrigley Field. When you get a hot dog, what do you put on it?
Ketchup and mustard… Like when I went to a Cubs game last month!
5. The odds of a fan in the stands being hit by a baseball are 300,000 to 1. The odds of winning the lottery are (approximately) 1 in 12,000,000. Do you play the lottery?
6. Though his song has been adopted by faithful Boston Red Sox fans, Neil Diamond was born and raised in New York City. Have you ever visited The Big Apple?
Yes, three times!
7. Baseball players are notoriously superstitious. For example, the Cubs’ Matt Garza eats Popeye’s fried chicken every day that he pitches. Joltin’ Joe DiMaggio touched second base with his foot every time he ran on or off the field. Do you have any superstitions?
I wish on 11:11, knock on wood, and throw salt over my left shoulder if I spill it.
8. A ball signed by Babe Ruth can fetch tens of thousands of dollars at auction. Have you ever asked a celebrity for his/her autograph?
No but I am going to next weekend when I go to Khaled Hosseini’s book signing!
9. Baseball means summer and summer means sun. Are you working on a tan, or do you slather on the sunscreen?
Neither… I put sunscreen on my face and sometimes my body but I don’t worry about it too much either way.