1. Were you born and raised in the town you live in, or did you move to that town?
I am currently living in my hometown of Saluda, NC. I lived in a lot of other places after graduating college (Prague, Czech Republic; Charleston, SC; Denton, TX; Seoul, Korea) but I am back home now and hope to stay here, or close to here.
2. What is your favorite thing about the town you live in?
It’s where my family and (some of my) friends are! Also it’s a great outdoorsy town/area with lots of things to do nearby: hiking, tubing, kayaking, ziplining, swimming, etc.
3. Are there any special annual events there?
Yes! We have our own annual holiday called Coon Dog Day in July with a parade and square dance. There’s also Hometown Christmas and the Saluda Arts Festival.
4. What don’t you like about your town?
It’s small so you have to drive to a bigger city to go to Wal-Mart, Target, a big grocery store, the movies, etc.
5. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Well I could live (almost) anywhere but for now I’m happy where I am. I would rather live near home and use my vacation time to travel!