1. When you’ve eaten in a restaurant do you complete their comment card? Do you take online surveys highlighted at the bottom of store receipts?
If a comment card is left on a table then I will fill it out. I only do the Old Navy surveys to get a discount. Any other surveys where I could get a chance to win a bunch of money or something I don’t bother with… Because chances are it’s a waste of time!
2. The (US) ban on women in combat was lifted at the end of January. It will probably be next year before specifics are worked out, but its been reported over 200,000 front line positions will eventually open up to women. Your thoughts?
I think it’s a good thing. If women want to have front line positions then let them. But I won’t be one of them!
3. In looking back at all the blog posts you’ve written, what’s your favorite post title?
I don’t usually come up with very creative titles. The one that popped into my head was You Down Wit’ Ko Phi Phi? (Yeah, You Know Me!).
4. What’s worse… Overly permissive parents or overly protective parents? Did your own parents lean more to the permissive or the protective category? If you’re a parent where do you fall?
Overly protective parents are worse in my opinion. I don’t believe in sheltering your children from everything. My mom was more permissive and I turned out just fine. 🙂
5. Candlelight, moonlight, firelight, bright lights in the big city… Which one’s your favorite?
I’m gonna go with firelight when on a camping trip.
6. Dr. Seuss’s birthday was celebrated on Saturday. What’s a favorite book you remember (Seuss or otherwise) from your own childhood? Did books play an important role in your growing up years?
I loved to read as a kid and still do. I loved The Baby-sitters Club and Fear Street series.
7. To quote Dr. Seuss… “From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere” from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. Share something funny you’ve recently read, seen or heard.
I laughed out loud while reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid the other day (for a class assignment). Pretty funny book!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My cat Diesel has been bringing me some nice presents. For awhile it was just mice but in the past week I’ve gotten a crawfish, baby chipmunk, and enormous frog!! Luckily they were all still alive and well and I was able to rescue them.