5 Activities in my Hometown
I am from a VERY small town… No stoplights! The lovely Saluda, North Carolina. But there are still some fun things to do.
1. We have an annual holiday called Coon Dog Day. There is a parade, dog shows, and a square dance. There are also lots of vendors set up and usually everyone has a party sometime that day or night!
2. Tubing or kayaking on the Green River. We also have a famous kayaking race every November (The Green Race).
3. Hiking and waterfalls. My favorite is Little Bradley Falls.
4. Downtown Saluda has a lot of cute stores and my two favorite restaurants: Green River BBQ and The Purple Onion.
5. This May, The Gorge is opening… It will be the steepest and fastest canopy tour on the East Coast. I’ve been ziplining before and it was scary but I might have to try it again!!