1. The popular saying “All’s fair in love and war” is originally credited to English writer John Lyly. Is he right?
Well love and war and certainly not “fair” in the literal sense but I take the saying to mean “anything goes”. In that case it may be true but it doesn’t make it right.
2. Are you a cereal eater? What’s your favorite kind?
On occasion, usually for a snack or dessert and not breakfast. I like awful sugary kids cereals like Lucky Charms and Fruit Loops.
3. A five-year-old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty bubble gun (the gun blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school. A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts?
This is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. People don’t want to make gun laws stricter but it’s cool to suspend a kindergartener for talking about a bubble gun? Ridiculous.
4. Whatever happened to _________________?
Kids playing outside and making up their own games. Now they all have video games, iPads, smart phones, and tons of other ridiculous crap. I don’t like it.
5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil. Do you like your handwriting? Do you prefer to print or write in cursive? This date was chosen because its the birth date of John Hancock. What’s the last thing you signed your name to?
I like my handwriting and I usually print. I gave my friend a birthday card last week which I signed my name in.
6. Speaking of John Hancock… Ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love?
I went in eighth grade on a class trip. No desire to ever visit again.
7. Share something funny you’ve heard a child say.
The 17-month-old I babysit loves the movie Walk the Line and when he wants to watch it he says “Johnny! Johnny!” over and over again.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Anybody else watch the series premiere of The Following? It was really good!