1) This week’s song is the tale of an accidental holiday encounter between former lovers. They sit in her car and spend hours catching up, then she gives him a chaste kiss and they never see one another again. Is there a past love who still has a special spot in your heart, despite the years or the miles since your relationship?
Yes, more than one actually…
2) This week’s song includes a play on the traditional Scottish song, “Auld Lang Syne.” Have you ever visited Scotland?
3) Mother Winters has long told Sam that if she has a glass of water for every glass of champagne she drinks on New Year’s Eve, she’ll feel better on New Year’s Day. Do you have a favorite hangover prevention tip or cure?
No, but it helps if you just stay in bed all day when you have a hangover. 🙂
4) Do you like champagne?
5) This year at midnight, Crazy Sam will kiss the nose of her puppy, Chico. Will you be kissing anyone when the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s Eve?
I doubt it but you never know!
6) The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy was the runaway publishing phenomenon of 2012. It was so successful that the publisher, Random House, was able to give its employees massive bonuses this year. Have you read it?
Yes, it’s overrated.
7) Year-end is a time for newspapers, magazines, and websites to run lists. According to Askmen.com, Jennifer Lawrence of The Hunger Games is at the top of the year’s “Most Desirable Woman” list. People magazine has declared Channing Tatum “The Sexiest Man Alive 2012.” Do either of these two set your pulse racing? If not, who is your celebrity crush?
I love Channing Tatum and Jennifer Lawrence is awesome too!
8) Pasadena, California, is known for hosting the traditional Rose Parade. It begins at 8AM on January 1, so the people who watch it live must be there very early. Does the thought of getting up and dressed to sit in the California sun, bright and early on New Year’s morning appeal, to you?
9) Sometimes aches and pains that aren’t serious can still really hurt. For example, Sam just dropped a can of tomato paste on her foot and the little red mark it left is making her crazy! Are you suffering through a bump or bruise or cut right now?