Hopefully this will be the last “catch up” post that I write. I’m finished traveling and have been home for a few days now… Still getting settled in though!
The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
The Good: I’m finally home! We left Russia Sunday and splurged for a nice hotel on our overnight layover in Warsaw. The swimming pool, bubble bath, and room service (fluffy tomato and grilled red pepper cream soup with goat cheese + chocolate fondant with vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce = yum!) left a smile on my face.
The Bad: The flight from Warsaw to Chicago really sucked. What kind of trans-Atlantic flight has no free alcohol or movies? Don’t fly Polish Air.
The Ugly: I was looking pretty rough after five weeks of backpacking. So I had a makeover/shopping day as soon as I got home! (You don’t wanna know how much money I spent at Target!)
The Queen’s Meme
1. What are your plans for July 4th?
A cookout and fireworks at my sister-in-law’s parents’ house.
2. Does Independence Day have a special meaning for you and your family?
Not really, the same as it does for most Americans I guess.
3. Will there be fireworks in your world that day?
4. What foods do you plan to eat?
I am making cream cheese pinwheels and my mom is making a berry flag cake.
5. When is the last time you went to a parade on July 4th?
Never? We have a holiday in my hometown called Coon Dog Day and there is a parade every Saturday after the 4th.
6. Tell us what being an American means to you personally.
After being out of the country for two years, I am very happy to return home!
7. What is your favorite part of this holiday?
Spending time with friends and family.
Chats on the Farmhouse Porch
1. What are your plans for the 4th of July?
2. What’s your favorite ethnic food?
Indian! Curry, garlic naan, saffron rice… Mmmmmmmmm.
3. What’s your least favorite chore?
Floor cleaning… Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming.
4. What really “stopped you in your tracks” and made you think twice?
Hearing about a bear and her cubs roaming the woods near my house… I’m not going on any walks by myself!
5. Would you rather dry your clothes on a clothes line or in a dryer?
In a dryer! I haven’t had a dryer in over a year. It’s so nice!!
What are you currently reading?
Fifty Shades of Grey. Only a few chapters in… Liking it so far.
What did you recently finish reading?
A Clash of Kings. I’m excited to get to the third book in the series so I won’t know already know what happens (I watch the Game of Thrones TV series as well).
What do you think you’ll read next?