Monday Quiz About Me
1. Finish this sentence: The first thing I do in the morning is…
2. What is your favorite kind of pie?
3. Do you have pets?
Yes… A cat Bella in Korea and a tarantula Malachi in America.
4. What is your favorite chair in your house?
I don’t have a home at the moment!
Bonus question for blog hoppers to answer:
5. Have you ever been stung by a jellyfish?
Do you have a reading goal for the year, such as __ books? Why or why not?
Yes, I do. I am doing several reading challenges and I would like to read a total of 100 books this year. Because it’s fun and because I want to be a librarian!
10 Summer Memories:
1. Going tubing down the Green River.
2. Going swimming in various lakes and rivers in the area.
3. Going on vacation to Edisto Island.
4. Picking wild raspberries.
5. Going to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
6. Partying at Breanna’s house for a month while her parents were out of town.
7. Backpacking Europe in 2004.
8. Backpacking Ireland in 2009.
9. Visiting my dad in Arkansas and taking the boat out on the lake.
10. Coon Dog Day!
Curious as a Cat
1. What one thing can’t you seem to scratch off your to-do list?
Organizing my photos.
2. What is your biggest annoyance when driving?
When I’m merging onto the interstate and cars won’t move over and let me in.
3. List three jobs you’d consider pursuing if money didn’t matter.
Wedding/event planner, FBI agent, travel writer.
4. Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture?
Polk County, North Carolina!
The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
I am traveling all over Asia!
Too many flights… I’ve already taken five in a little over a week.
Daniel missed his flight and had to pay $600 to buy a ticket at the airport to meet me in Vietnam on Sunday. 😦
Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Books I Feel Everyone Has Read But Me:
1. Game of Thrones
2. 50 Shades of Grey
3. The Book Thief
5. The Night Circus
6. Daughter of Smoke and Bone
7. Harry Potter
10. On the Road
Ten on Tuesday
All about the 90s!
1. Which boy band was your favorite and your favorite song?
‘N Sync for sure. I didn’t have just one favorite song though.
2. Your favorite spice girl?
3. Did you ever try the Orbitz drink?
No. I don’t even know what that is.
4. What brand of clothing were you into?
American Eagle and some other crappy stores I can’t remember.
5. Did you watch TGIF?
Yes! Step By Step comes to mind first.
6. What news story in the 90s do you recall?
The OJ Simpson trial.
7. List who you think had the best talent: Jessica Simpson, Mandy Moore, Britney Spears, or Christina Aguilera.
Christina Aguilera for sure.
8. Did Marilyn Manson creep you out?
Yeah but I actually liked some of his cover songs.
9. Who was your BFF?
Lena and Adrienne in middle school then added Breanna, Shannon, Araceli, Jennifer, and Kelley in high school.
10. A picture of you in the 90s.
Here you go!
What places in or near your town have you been meaning to see but haven’t? Do you have a “local” bucket list?
I have never been to Chimney Rock or Clingmans Dome so I’d like to go to those places. Also I want to see the Unto These Hills play in Cherokee. I’ve been to most other places but I want to visit them all again when I go home so I can write about them on the local travel blog I want to start.
Chats on the Farmhouse Porch
1. If you wear a hat, what kind is it mostly likely to be?
I rarely wear hats.
2. Do you wear perfume or cologne (ever)?
I used to wear perfume but now I stick to body spray. It’s a lot cheaper!
3. What’s your favorite snack while watching movies or television?
Chips or pretzels and ranch dip.
4. What’s the last gift you purchased or made?
Baby lotion, shampoo, etc. for Jinhee’s new daughter Byuri!
5. Please finish this sentence. Before summer is over I hope I’ve ___________.
Had time to relax!
Tell Me Tuesday
What is something you don’t want to regret when you are older?
Not traveling enough while I am young or living my life to the fullest.
1. How many students were in your high school graduating class? Did you know most, if not all of them?
A little over 100. And yes.
2. What was the last thing you photographed?
My Vietnam shopping purchases. Here’s the latest:
3. Pickles: Love ’em or loathe ’em? If its love, what’s something you eat that needs a pickle?
Love dill pickles! Nothing needs a pickle, I just like to eat them for a snack. They’re good on burgers though!
4. What’s a stereotype you seem to perpetuate without meaning to?
A traveling American who craves certain kinds of food. I don’t want to eat Asian food every day for a month just because I’m in Asia!
5. Ever been horseback riding? If so, is it something you enjoy? If not, do you have any interest? Did you watch the Kentucky Derby? Will you be watching the last leg of the Triple Crown this weekend?
Horses scare me. I rode a few ponies as a kid and hated it. I would never go horseback riding. I don’t watch horse racing on TV but it’s fun to go to a race. I go to Steeplechase every year when I’m home and I’d love to go to the Kentucky Derby one day.
6. What’s your favorite ‘wedding’ movie?
My Best Friend’s Wedding is the first that comes to mind. The Wedding Singer is a good one too. Also Wedding Crashers, Sweet Home Alabama, and The Hangover. Oh there are so many good wedding movies!!
7. What is one ‘tourist attraction’ in the USA that you’d like to see in person?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I got stung by a jellyfish today. It hurt soooooooooooooo badly.
What are you currently reading?
The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger.
What did you recently finish reading?
World War Z by Max Brooks.
What do you think you’ll read next?
American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis or First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers by Loung Ung.
Oh, How Pinteresting!
Wedding Edition: Save the Date Cards
(No, I have no plans to get married anytime soon!)