1. What’s a film, adapted from a book you liked, that was as good as (or better than) its source material?
The Help was such a great movie and a good book too! I also liked the movie The Kite Runner but I don’t think it’s quite as amazing as the book was.
2. What’s a good film based on a book you disliked?
I hated the book Eat, Pray, Love and the movie was definitely better than the book, but still just OK.
3. What film, adapted from a book you liked, was horribly disappointing?
My Sister’s Keeper. They completely changed the ending and ruined it!
4. What book, not yet made into a film, would make a really good film?
Now this is going to be a long list!
–Life as We Knew It. Just finished it and it would make a great post-apocalyptic film.
–Nightwoods and Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier because I loved Cold Mountain.
–The Glass Castle and Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls.
–One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd by Jim Fergus is my favorite book ever!
–A Thousand Splendid Suns is even better than The Kite Runner.
–Change of Heart and Nineteen Minutes are Jodi Picoult’s best books.
(OK, so this turned into a “good books you should read” answer…)
5. What’s a book you’ve read because you liked the film that was based upon it?
I so rarely read the book after watching the movie because I know what’s going to happen. But I do want to read American Psycho and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. And before I see the movies I’d like to read Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close and World War Z.
P.S. Can’t wait for The Hunger Games movie!!
Original post can be found here.