1. I talked to one of my BFFs, Colin, on the phone last night for over an hour. I haven’t seen him in almost four years! We’re planning a meet-up in Boston for Labor Day weekend.
the last time I saw my Squiggy… on a long layover in NYC in July 2009
2. Spring is here!!! The temps are in the 70s/80s, me and the kitties have been hanging out outside, the flowers are blooming, and the frogs are chillin’ by the pond.
3. I got some librarian accessories in the mail this week!!
4. I checked a ton of books out from the library! Started reading The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult last night…
5. This article called “22 Things You Could Be Doing With Your Life Besides Getting Married” really spoke to me… I am getting an advanced degree and I love traveling, reading, cooking, blogging, my kitties, and Tom Hardy!
Crappies/pits: I looked at an apartment this week but didn’t love it. I think I am gonna stay with my mom for awhile longer and save money. Also I wanted to go to the Asheville Tourists home opener last night, but it got rained out!
1. I had a job interview on Monday. I haven’t heard back yet so I’m gonna assume I didn’t get it but I’m still holding out a little hope…
2. On Tuesday I took a road trip with my brother, sister-in-law, and their friend. We stopped in Concord on the way and had lunch at Olive Garden (I chose something from their “Lighter Italian Fare” menu… good job me), watched a commercial being filmed at Outdoor World, enjoyed some froyo, and played games at Dave & Buster’s. Then we continued on to Chapel Hill where we had dinner at Spanky’s before the Carolina vs. Wake Forest basketball game.
3. Wednesday I took a hike and Riley came with me. How sweet! She loved climbing on all the logs.
4. Wednesday was also my BFF Tessa’s birthday. She lives in Tampa so I couldn’t celebrate with her but I’m meeting her in Chicago in May.
St. Pete Beach, FL
5. Yesterday I got my student loan check in the mail, and bought my plane ticket to Greece! I will be spending September 21-30 in Athens, Santorini, and Mykonos. I booked an awesome place to stay in Athens yesterday too: City Circus Hostel.
As for the crappies this week…
I’ve been pretty depressed. Being on a budget and a diet means I am basically not leaving my house. I’ve been feeling really antisocial anyway so the plans I’ve had I’ve cancelled. I feel like I’m never going to find a job in a library and I’m wasting $50,000 on my master’s degree… Pity party for me!
1. 2000: The first time I was on a plane… I went skydiving. And I can’t believe I don’t have any photos of it!!
2. 2000: The next time I was on a plane I went to New York City for New Years Eve.
3. 2004: My first time out of the country. I went backpacking around Europe for a month!
La Basilique du Sacré Coeur de Montmartre, Paris
4. 2004: My first cruise.
5. 2010: My first solo trip (Los Angeles).
6. 2010: My first visit to Asia. I moved to Korea!
milkshakes in a carton… one of my favorite Korean things
New York, NY
I first visited New York City in December 2000 and also briefly in July 2009. But most of my NYC pics are from a girls weekend we had there over Labor Day weekend 2008. It was a blast! We went to Little Italy, Chinatown, South Street Seaport, the MOMA, Times Square, the Brooklyn Bridge… And probably a few other places! We stayed in Tribeca and I really enjoyed the neighborhood; we went out to a local bar both nights and discovered an amazing restaurant… I still dream about the ravioli there!
New Orleans, LA
In May 2009, Daniel and I met my mom and stepdad in the Big Easy for a long weekend. We had a great time exploring the French Quarter, eating, and drinking!
I’ve driven through Nashville many times when going to visit my dad in Arkansas but in March 2010 we actually decided to stop there on the way home. We tried to visit the Grand Ole Opry but it was too late. So we went downtown, stumbled upon an unlimited Natty Light special at a random bar, and enjoyed some live music.