Watched last night’s episode of Nashville… Craziness!
Season two of Shameless.
Suggestions on what to do, see, and eat when I visit Chicago in two weeks!
More stressed every day as I know the next three weeks are going to be so crazy (starting a new job, finishing up the semester).
High… I start my dream job on Monday!
The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult.
I fell asleep during the Mad Men season premiere… It was boring until the end!! I hate Don Draper.
Started reading The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult last night; really good so far!
The chicken tortilla soup at Applebee’s sucks!!
The weather this week has been amazing! I’ve been hanging out outside with my babies.
1. I got a job… And not just any job, but my dream job!!!! I am now a children’s librarian.
2. Which of course means I need to go shopping! My first stop was Etsy…
3. Season premieres and finales…
4. Signs of spring…
5. I won another giveaway!
The only thing that sucked this week was having to tell my current job and volunteer position people that I’m leaving…
1. Who is your favorite musical artist from when you were a teenager?
I can’t think of one favorite singer/band. Nelly is coming to mind though…
2. Who is your favorite game show host?
Alex Trebek from Jeopardy of course.
3. Who is your favorite blog hosting service?
Well I’ve only used WordPress, so I guess it’s my favorite.
4. If you could meet anyone again from your childhood, who would it be?
My friend Christian who died when we were in high school.
5. Where did you want to live when you were growing up?
In Miami where my mom was from. I thought it would have been much more exciting than the small town of Saluda, NC where I grew up.
6. What is the most interesting piece of trivia that you know?
Well I know about tarantulas since I’ve had one for over ten years… One of their defense mechanisms is to shoot hairs out of their abdomen that makes your skin itch for days. You can’t wash it off!!
7. If you could live in any point of history when would it be and why?
Late 60s/early 70s because it seems like an interesting and fun time period!
8. What is the most interesting job you have ever had?
I worked at a private investigation company for two years. It wasn’t that interesting because we investigated insurance fraud but there were some cool cases.
9. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don’t care, just share.
We went to Washington DC on our eighth grade trip.
10. What’s your favorite Beatles song?
It’s going to be my next tattoo as well…
11. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?
My PJs that I’m wearing.
12. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?
Host… I love to plan parties!
13. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?
Eventually yes. I don’t have an e-reader or read e-books as of now but I guess I will have to one day!
14. Do you learn best by reading, listening, or experiencing?
I think everyone learns best by experiencing! I learn better by reading than listening though.
15. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)
If they can’t spell or use proper grammar.
16. Snacks. Salty or sweet?
17. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn’t realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there?
I dunno, there’s a lot of crap in my mom’s living room.
18. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?
Not a Tom Cruise fan! But I do love the movie Magnolia.
19. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don’t like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?
I have never had that problem and doubt I ever will. I am not picky about my hair.
20. Your favorite spring comfort food?
READING A big stack of graphic novels for a book talk I have to do for class.
WRITING On my friend’s boyfriend’s Facebook wall to tell him no Walking Dead spoilers tonight!!
LISTENING To the washing machine and heater.
THINKING About how I really want to watch the Walking Dead finale and Game of Thrones premiere instead of doing my homework.
SMELLING The Thai coconut curry hummus I’m eating.
WISHING I had cable so I could watch my shows live. (Not really, but tonight is a good night for TV!)
HOPING I get the job I’m interviewing for on Tuesday.
WEARING My pajamas as always. I always blog in PJs. Tonight it’s a hot pink sweatshirt and plaid pink pants.
LOVING The carrot cupcakes I made today.
WANTING A real Coca-Cola instead of this Pepsi Next crap I’m drinking.
NEEDING To do my taxes… STILL!
FEELING Sleepy and crappy… That’s what naps do to me.
CLICKING On all my Sunday blog link-ups!
Hayden basically cried all day long on Tuesday! Birth control at its finest… Here is one of the rare moments when she was happy that day:
I started reading my ARC of The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls. So good! My favorite passage so far is about Pringles…
I left my debit card in the ATM on Tuesday! Grrrrrrrrrrr…
Nashville finally returned this week! (And two days ’til Game of Thrones!)
When I checked out at JCPenney yesterday, the cashier convinced me to open a credit card account and said I could use my coupon (the whole reason I went in there) AND get an extra 20% off. But then guess what? I couldn’t! Grrrrrrrrrrr…
These tortillas only have one Weight Watchers point!! A hummus wrap is only three points!
1. What is the best part of your job?
Anytime this little cutie isn’t crying…
2. What was your favorite television show when you were a child?
Guns of Paradise!
3. When you go to a coffee shop, what is your “usual” order?
I don’t drink coffee… So in the winter I get hot chocolate and in the summer a smoothie.
4. When you watch a movie, do you skip the previews or do you watch them all with anticipation?
In the movie theater I love the previews!! If I’m watching a movie on DVD then I skip them.
5. What’s the best thing that happened to you today (or this week)?
Today was a great day. Went out to lunch and dinner, saw a movie, and went shopping!
6. Do you know any knock knock jokes?
Dwayne the bathtub; I’m drowning!