Friday I stayed in and watched the movie Bachelorette, which was really good!
Saturday was an awesome day… I had lunch at Brittany’s and then we painted pottery and got frozen yogurt!
Saturday night Shannon and I went out to dinner at The Melting Pot!
Sunday I hung out with the kitties outside for a bit and took some photos of my mom’s flowers.
Sunday night I cooked chicken enchilada pasta for dinner.
1. What is your favorite outfit pin?
I have this necklace but can never figure out what to wear it with… Digging the gray and yellow.
2. What is your favorite food pin?
I have a board filled with recipes I have actually tried. This is a photo of the delicious loaded baked potato soup I made!
3. What is your favorite wedding pin?
Pink Gerber daisies will definitely be my wedding flower.
4. What is your favorite DIY/craft pin?
I also have a board of crafts I have tried. I think my next project will be these chevron shoes.
5. What is your favorite quote/verse/lyric pin?
I don’t pin those very much. But since I just got my dream job as a children’s librarian… This one!!
6. Share one more random pin you love.
Pinterest fails are always hilarious.
Follow me on Pinterest!
1. I started my new job this week! I’m a part-time nanny for this adorable three-month-old, Hayden.
2. Monday I watched Downton Abbey and made homemade pizza. Season three is really tragic, even if I do know all the spoilers!
3. Tuesday I got my free ARC of The Silver Star in the mail… So excited to read it! I also had my guest post published at By the Porchlight. Click here to read why you should visit Southeast Asia and here to learn about the best places to visit there!
4. Wednesday I didn’t really do anything… So here are some photos of my cats.
5. Yesterday I made this earring holder!
The only bad things about this week:
- It’s my spring break but I have five assignments due Monday!
- I am craving bad food and am probably going to blow my diet this weekend!
I’ve been wanting to make an earring holder and pinned a few:
Mine’s not quite the same, but it serves its purpose and I like it! Now maybe I’ll wear my earrings more often…
I have lots of holiday boards and have been pinning Easter stuff lately.
Gonna make these cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day!
There are my next two craft projects: an earring holder and chevron shoes.
Sometimes I just see something cute…
Lots of lovely spring outfits…
I already have this necklace!
Tattoo ideas… I am going to get something similar to this on my left shoulder.
Nail art that I know I could never do!
Healthy recipes… I think I will make this broccoli “pesto” pasta soon.
Quotes that speak to me…
1. Going hiking at DuPont State Forest.
2. Finally visiting Fields of the Wood.
3. The Winter Warmer beer festival.
4. Pampering! I got a facial, a massage, and a shellac manicure.
5. Good books!
6. Good movies!
7. Season premieres of my favorite shows.
8. The Golden Globes!
9. My first ever painting class. Loved it! Also I made some glitter crafts at home.
10. I lost 5 pounds!
For my “leftovers” craft (make something pretty for free) I decided to glitterize a few things: a pair of shoes I never wear, a boring photo frame, and a wine glass. I had tons of glitter leftover from my pumpkin decorating party (where I made a glitter chevron pumpkin). The wine glass was a fail (the glitter peeled off where I tried to tape of different sections) but I like the looks of the other two creations. For the shoes, I mixed purple glitter and Mod Podge and put on four coats with a foam brush. They were originally green! For the photo frame, I mixed pink glitter and Mod Podge. I think I did one coat, then sprinkled some extra loose glitter one, then one more coat. Easy peasy!
my stepsister Ruth glittered the bottom of a pair of baby Klay’s shoes
Friday morning Cindy and I drove to Murphy, NC. We didn’t get any snow in Saluda or Asheville but we saw plenty on our drive!
She got her hair done (while I surfed the web) and then we went to lunch at Murphy’s Chophouse.
After lunch we went to Fields of the Wood. My friend Colin and I had always talked about going when we were in college so when Cindy wanted me to come with her to Murphy I told her we had to go here!!
We had dinner at her parents’ house in Robbinsville and then went out to a few bars in Murphy (Coach’s and Chevelles 66). Saturday morning we drove around and she showed me the sights of Robbinsville and Joyce Kilmer Forest. That evening at home I cooked Thai Chicken Curry (delicious) and watched Silver Linings Playbook (loved it!).
Yesterday I had my monthly Pinterest Party. No one showed up so it was just me and Ruth but we had fun. I made crack dip and we glittered shoes, wine glasses, and a photo frame.
I had my January “Pinterest Party” and made glitter shoes, wine glasses, and a photo frame. And “crack dip”!
1. Monday I babysat and then stocked up on travel books at the library!
2. Tuesday I got a massage, ate some yummy Indian food, and went to Spanish class.
3. Wednesday evening my mom and I did a painting class. SO MUCH FUN!
4. Yesterday I got some Mexican food with my stepsister and then gave myself a mani/pedi while watching Magic Mike.
5. Cougar Town and Justified returned this week!