1. On Saturday Callie, Ruth, Michael, and I went camping at Lake Powhatan. Unfortunately there was an E. coli breakout in the lake just two days before. The lake was open but there was no way I was swimming in it! We had fun anyway… Eating, drinking, and playing games. (Except when I chopped jalapenos for the corn and touched my face and it burnt for hours. Or when I tried to go to bed and the tent was hot and cramped and sleeping on gravel was really uncomfortable. LOL.)
2. On Sunday I got to hang out with my brother Zach all day, which never happens. We had lunch at Mr. Juan’s, went swimming in a slimy pond, and then he cooked spaghetti for dinner (and made me watch some Madea movie, which I did not like).
3. On Tuesday I got internet at home… Finally! Then Callie and I went on the Blue Ridge Parkway. First we went to Looking Glass Falls and Sliding Rock. Then we drove along the parkway for awhile, stopping to take pics at all the best overlooks. We finished off the day with dinner at Chili’s!
4. On Wednesday Callie went to Carowinds with Zach and Kelly (I don’t do roller coasters) so I had a whole day to myself with nothing to do! How nice. I applied for lots of part-time child care jobs and have received one promising reply already! I also signed up for two continuing education classes at the local community college: cake decorating and Spanish. (Since I am also taking three graduate classes online this semester, I think I am going to be pretty busy!) I talked on the phone with my old friend Emily who I haven’t seen in three years. Need to visit her in Nashville soon! I subscribed to get a Monthly Glam Bag since I love Birchbox so much… We’ll see which one is better! I just like getting surprises in the mail. AND I hung up all my Asia travel photo collages!!!
5. Yesterday Callie and I met Cindy for lunch. Then we went to Barnes & Noble to plan our trip to Greece (next September)! The rest of the afternoon was spent shopping: I got two dresses and four shirts. (Happy birthday to me… I turned 30 today!!!) And my August Birchbox came in the mail. Oh yeah… I also made an appointment to get PURPLE highlights put in my hair next Tuesday.