1. Tomorrow I am going to meet some friends from a local “ladies social group” for dinner at Outback Steakhouse.
2. When is your birthday? August 10th… This year I will be 30! (I recently found my first gray hair and am very sad about that.)
3. What are you currently excited about? Everything! Traveling, moving home, school, reading, blogging…
4. Do you have any secrets? I don’t think I have any secrets that no one in the world knows. I have to tell at least one person!
5. What do you normally eat for lunch? Leftovers from dinner the night before.
1. Finish this sentence: The last movie I saw in the theater was The Ides of March.
2. Do you have any idiosyncrasies? Of course. I am very OCD. I like everything in my apartment to be “my way” and if it’s not then I have to fix it. I’m also obsessed with brushing my hair.
3. What is your favorite clothing store to shop at? In Korea, Forever 21 and H&M. In America, Old Navy and Target.
4. What fun things do you have planned for the week ahead? Dinner with some friends tomorrow night, getting free pizza on Wednesday (my friend Jinhee and I had to buy 12 pizzas first, so it’s been a long time coming!), and visiting Gyeongju this weekend.
Bonus question for blog hoppers to answer:
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Do you listen to audiobooks? If not, why not? If so, what has been one of your favorites so far?
No. I’m not really sure why. I did once a long time ago and enjoyed it but I never tried it again. It seems like I would have to concentrate pretty hard and in that case, I may as well just read it!
I am reviewing this book for the 2012 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge and the Eclectic Reader Challenge 2012 (Fantasy).
This was one of the books I read for my Young Adult Literature class this semester. I actually rated it as my least favorite book from the course! I was enjoying the book, until the ending.
Ethan is a high school boy in Gatlin, SC (loved the Southern Gothic setting). His mom recently died, his father has become a recluse, and now Ethan is determined to get as far away from the small town he grew up in as possible. Until he meets the mysterious new girl Lena, who is a “caster”. The book counts down to Lena’s 16th birthday when it will be determined whether she goes “light” or “dark”. Lena and Ethan are in a race against the clock to do what they can to make sure that she has a say in her future and that they can find a way to be together.
Verdict: 2 out of 5 stars! *SPOILER ALERT* I read all 563 pages only to discover that at the end, the authors use the biggest literary cop-out ever. Now, Lena has until her 17th birthday! So there will be one more year of waiting and agonizing. A novel should be able to stand on its own and have closure (such as The Hunger Games and Life as We Knew It), even if it is to be the first in a series. Beautiful Creatures certainly does not and therefore felt like a waste of my time.
1. The Beach Boys are back together for the first time in 25 years. It’s their 50th anniversary tour. Their new single is called “That’s Why God Made the Radio”. Did radio play a huge part of your growing-up years?
Definitely, especially in high school and college. We loved listening to the radio while partying or on the way to the club!
2. What is something that you are disappointed about right now?
How tired I am! It’s been a long weekend…
3. What are you really anticipating right now?
Relaxing this week!
4. When was the last time you watched your favorite movie? What is it?
I have two favorites… I’ve watched American Psycho in the last year but it’s been a few years since I’ve seen Requiem for a Dream. (I made Daniel watch it… He was traumatized.)
5. If you could bring one person back from the dead, who would it be?
I’ve never had anyone really close to me die so I don’t know. Maybe someone famous who could have changed the world, like JFK or MLK Jr.
6. Who was the last person you hung up on?
Daniel. He’s the only person I ever hang up on! LOL.
7. Does it bother you when meme makers separate questions that could’ve been combined?
Umm I don’t really even know what that means, so no.
8. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo?
9. What is the food you always buy at the grocery store that you can’t live without?
This is my first “Friday Finds” post, so I am going to list ten books I’ve added to my “to read” list in 2012 that I really want to read. Starting next week I’ll stick to the rules and only post books that I discovered in the last week.
2. The Snowman
3. Fifty Shades of Grey
4. The Giver
5. Indian Killer
7. The Dead and the Gone
8. World War Z
9. The Night Circus
10. Between the Lines
Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then “broke up” with later on in either the series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her.
Not really. It’s usually the opposite for me. I don’t like the character at first and then they grow on me. But, my answer will be Bill Compton from the Sookie Stackhouse series.
I started reading the series after I watched the show True Blood. So, in my mind Sookie and Bill were meant to be together forever. However, in the book Bill is more of an asshole and I like Eric and Alcide better. I still think Bill and Sookie are soulmates on the show though.
1. Besides on a sandwich, what’s your favorite use of peanut butter?
2. What are your feelings about pudding?
Not a fan really.
3. What’s the best use for peas?
Canned peas as a side dish.
4. Where can you go for a really good dish of mashed potatoes?
5. Besides gum (that’s too easy!), what’s the worst food you’ve ever had stuck in your hair?
Grasshoppers in fifth grade (they’re a food in some countries!).
Original post can be found here.
1. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is check my email and Facebook.
2. I can hardly wait for the epic Asia trip I am taking in four weeks!!
3. The quickest way to my heart is giving my a foot massage because I like being spoiled.
4. A little known fact about me is that I have had a pet tarantula Malachi for over ten years.
5. The best part about my job is that I don’t have one!
6. Something I just couldn’t live without is the ones I love.
me and my mom
7. Something useful that I wish I knew how to do is change a flat tire.
1. I never let other people help me when I cook.
Stay out of my kitchen!
2. I used to watch The Office but I stopped.
That show seriously went downhill this year.
3. My favorite picture of all time is of Daniel and me at the 2011 St. Patrick’s Day Festival.
I just love it!
4. When it gets dark I think about what’s on my “to do” list.